kdevelop 4.7 and beyond (was: clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Sep 8 10:31:25 PDT 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 4:52 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> It would be weird if we forced users to switch to a different runtime.

Herein lies the problem.

Users shouldn't be able to "switch runtimes" because there should not be more than one runtime available. There should only be the system libc++abi, and all C++ standard library implementations (system libc++, system libstdc++, MacPorts libc++, and MacPorts libstdc++) should be using it.

MacPorts libstdc++ currently does not. This is why no one can really use our g++ for anything, including C++11 support on older platform.

vq