base: improve livecheck.type moddate (review request)

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Sep 11 21:31:12 PDT 2014

MacPorts Devs,

I am seeking comments on the patches [1][2] to port livecheck in ticket 44894 [3].

In curl.c, the getmoddate function is copied from the isnewer function with minor changes to return the remote file moddate.

In portfilecheck.tcl, I have add a "livecheck.type moddate2" for testing. I have attempted to have moddate2 default to the current behavior or moddate.

The goal is to improve "livecheck.type moddate" by making the comparison date settable in the Portfile as opposed to the current behavior of only using the Portfile mtime for comparison.

The ticket 44894 has example usage in comment 1.

[1] https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/44894/patch-base-src-port1.0-portlivecheck.tcl.diff
[2] https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/44894/patch-base-src-pextlib1.0-curl.c.diff
[3] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44894#comment:1

Regards,