[124481] trunk/base/doc

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Sep 14 12:54:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

----- On 14 Sep, 2014, at 05:49, Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org wrote:

>> +In theory, MacPorts supports generating startup items for older releases of OS
>> +X. In practice, these commands can not deal with pre-launchd interfaces and
>> will
>> +fail on these systems.
>
> I think we can avoid mentioning this at all. MacPorts requires 10.4 or later,
> and launchd was introduced in 10.4, so there's no need to discuss the
> pre-launchd situation.

It might still be relevant for other platforms, but I guess we can neglect those
as MacPorts won't succeed building anything on those platforms anyway. Removed
in r125364.

Btw, this also means that
  http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/port1.0/portstartupitem.tcl
could be significantly cleaned up by removing the non-launchd parts. While at it,
changing the ui_notice lines to notes-append would probably also be a good idea.

--
Clemens Lang