Retiring Python 2.4 and 2.5

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Sep 16 02:53:51 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-16 10:44, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> (Once again it would be nice to automatically uninstall all the
> py24-foo ports, but I don't know how to do that and I don't consider
> it to be a showstopper if we don't find an elegant solution soon.)

As soon as they are removed from the PortIndex, they will be matched by
the 'obsolete' pseudo-port. You can check for installed ports that are
no longer in any ports tree with the command 'port echo obsolete'. This
also works with 'port uninstall obsolete', although dependencies might
not be uninstalled in the correct order this way. The command probably
needs --follow-dependents to remove all obsolete ports in a single run.

Rainer