Retiring Python 2.4 and 2.5

petr 976F at ingv.it
Thu Sep 18 13:48:50 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I already wanted to make a similar proposal (at least for py24) so I am in favour of this proposal.

+1 for removing 2.4 and 2.5. I would not remove 2.6 for now. It is still well supported and py26 subports are in general easier to maintain. There is also some value in having around for testing, as some very conservative Linux distributions still support them for years to come.

When it comes to Py3, I usually provide only py33 and py34 subports for new. Here I would propose to phase at least py31, but I do not thing py32 is very useful by now neither.

~petr