[125551] trunk/dports/lang

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Sep 20 17:03:59 PDT 2014

> On Sep 20, 2014, at 16:59, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

>>> Good question. Jeremy?
>>
>> I expect it's common definitions for C++ exception handling/stack unwinding. ld64 needs it to generate the link time information needed to support it; the compilers possibly should use the same port but include their own currently, hence the conflict? Or, more likely, they're shared between ld64 and clang but gcc does its own thing and can't easily be fixed to use clang/llvm's.
>
> The dependency was introduced in response to http://trac.macports.org/ticket/33439. I can't really understand what was going on there, though.

It was there before that change, and even before it was a dependency, the ld64 just downloaded the headers itself:

$ svn diff -c 90446 | grep unwind
+depends_build           port:llvm-${llvm_version} port:libunwind-headers \
-    depends_build-append port:libunwind-headers \
-    depends_build-append port:libunwind-headers \