echo script output to the display

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Sep 21 00:42:33 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

On 21 Sep 2014, at 01:21 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> I wouldn't necessarily say that. The test phase tests the software. Users may well want to test that the software they're going to use passes its test suite. Of course, not all ports have test suites, and of those that do not all of them pass. Not all maintainers run their ports' test phases either.

+1

I remember that we already had a discussion about this topic a while back,
in thread [1]

	Where do I find a good example of a "tests” variant
        (which is really installing the tests on the system)?

when I stumbled over this myself. I also would like to have a user-end test
phase which would expose test results to the user. Users should be able to
opt-in for this by setting a global option enabling these tests.

But this would need some serious work on MacPorts’ base code, I figure...

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2014-March/026202.html