echo script output to the display

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 07:36:57 PDT 2014

On Sep 21, 2014, at 3:38 AM, Marko Käning <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> On 21 Sep 2014, at 10:32 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> The existing test phase should be fine.
>
> yes, it is.
>

>> I've very infrequently tried to run any ports' tests.
>
> Me too, only sometimes it was necessary and I admit that my suggestion
> might be a little academic, as it is probably only interesting for when
> the end-user is actually a developer.
>

>> To see the test results, the user could run:
>> port log --phase test zlib
>
> That’s already possible as of now?
>

>> For the log to still be there after the installation, the user would also have to have set "keeplogs yes”.
>
> I see.
>
> Greets,
> Marko

Well, In this particular case I consider them benchmark tests. What I did was issue a 'make testall' in the post-build phase and put them in ${prefix}/share/${name}/testlogs, and then print a ui message to look at that directory for the results. I don't think there would be an issue of it failing if the build was successful, but should this be a variant?

Mark