[125581] trunk/dports/science/abinit/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 21 23:37:02 PDT 2014

> On Sep 22, 2014, at 1:27 AM, Sean Farley wrote:
>

> Ryan Schmidt writes:
>
>> On Sep 22, 2014, at 12:21 AM, dstrubbe at macports.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Revision
>>> 125581
>>> Author
>>> dstrubbe at macports.org
>>> Date
>>> 2014-09-21 22:21:07 -0700 (Sun, 21 Sep 2014)
>>> Log Message
>>>
>>> abinit: temporarily include config.log in main log file for debugging buildbot configure failure on Mountain Lion.
>>> Modified Paths
>>>
>>> 	• trunk/dports/science/abinit/Portfile
>>
>>> +# This is a temporary measure for debugging configure failure on Mountain Lion buildslave.
>>> +
>>> +#checking for gcc... mpicc-mpich-mp
>>> +#checking whether the C compiler works... no
>>> +
>>> +post-configure {
>>> +    system -W ${worksrcpath} "cat config.log"
>>> +}
>>
>> Good idea! Unfortunately because the configure script fails, the post-configure block doesn't get run.
>>
>> You'd have to do something like set the configure.cmd to ./configure || true to continue on even when in fails.
>
> Why don't we always include config.log in the output for a failure?

IIRC, last time this came up we decided the config.log is enormous and might make it harder to see the error printed by the configure script, which is sometimes easier to understand than the extensive information in the config.log. Therefore we settled on just printing the location of the config.log.