Triggering builds on buildbots just by committing to user directory not possible?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Sep 23 22:23:28 PDT 2014

Hi MacPorts devs,

I was in the firm believe that our buildbots would somehow filter out commits to user directories
and start building in case they find a valid and somehow updated MacPorts tree in there.

That’s why I created my own user dir after all:

  [07:03] <irker326> HANDLE at macports.org * https://trac.macports.org/changeset/125673 /users/HANDLE:
  [07:03] <irker326> Create user repository for HANDLE

and then added a new port in there

  [07:11] <irker326> HANDLE at macports.org * https://trac.macports.org/changeset/125674 /users/HANDLE/ (9 files in 5 dirs):
  [07:11] <irker326> users/HANDLE/dports/kde/konveration-devel: introduce devel port for konversation

assuming that the buildbots will start building this new port for me right away on all OSX versions...

Looks like my assumption was wrong, since nothing happened. :(

Did I miss something, or is this indeed the way it shall function?
It seems like I have to trigger every build manually now - while being logged on to the buildbot's site…

Right?

Greets,
Marko