imake

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 27 19:15:34 PDT 2014

I'm going to try to work on the imake problem, specifically that ports using imake fail with Xcode 5 and up because they require a cpp with traditional cpp support which clang doesn't have.

In the process I plan to create an xmkmf portgroup to replace the use_xmkmf keyword in base.

My proposal is to have this portgroup depend on the latest stable gcc port (currently gcc49) and have it use its cpp in IMAKECPP when the Xcode version is 5 or greater. I tried this with one port already and was able to build it on Yosemite beta.

Let me know if you have any objections to this proposal or if you have other ideas how to solve this problem.