configure.cmd

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:00:36 PDT 2014

On Sep 28, 2014, at 7:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2014, at 7:29 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
>>
>> The config log looks like pretty basic stuff; probably why it works.
>
> I don't doubt that it works for you in the situation you tested; I'm worried that it might not support all the features MacPorts is providing by setting those various environment variables.
>
> For example, MacPorts sets CC and CXX as environment variables during the normal configure phase, but during your post-configure block, you're setting CC and CXX as configure.args. Why? Does the configure script forget the values of CC and CXX from the first run and go back to its defaults on the second run? If so, are you sure that only applies to CC and CXX, or might it also apply to CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and the other variables MacPorts uses?

The invoked configure for the first run was:

  $ /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-csl CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -arch x86_64 CXXFLAGS=-pipe -Os -arch x86_64 -stdlib=libc++ LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch x86_64 LIBS= CC=/usr/bin/clang CPP= CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ CXXCPP= --with-build=x86_64-mac_10.9_mavericks-darwin13.3.0 --with-pslbuild= --no-create --no-recursion

And for the second run:

  $ /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-psl CC=/usr/bin/clang CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ --with-build=x86_64-mac_10.9_mavericks-darwin13.3.0 --no-create --no-recursion

Initially the prefix was set to /usr/local on the second run, so you are probably correct that it "forgets" the values. Adding the flag and ld env variables caused it to fail, however it accepts the CC and CXX variables.

Mark