imake

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Sep 28 20:21:17 PDT 2014

I took a look at all the ports that depend on imake and suggest that we remove a bunch of them.

These are all 5+ years dead upstream, have no dependents, and don't seem to be terribly important:

magicpoint - Upstream development stopped in 2008
tgif - Upstream no longer exists, shipped version was released in 2001
rasmol - Packaged version released in 2008, latest release was in 2009
canna - Last updated in 2004
emiclock - No upstream any more
fvwm - Last updated in 1995, replaced by fvwm2
kinput2 - Last updated in 2001
kxterm - No upstream any more
sunclock - No upstream any more
vtwm - Last updated in 2004
wmclock - No upstream any more
xcb - No upstream(?), upstream 505s, port last updated in 2009
xearth - Last updated in 1999
xmove - Last updated in 1997
xsnow - Last updated in 2001
xspringies - No upstream, older than 1998
xtu - No upstream

KDE 3 was last released in 2008, and I think we should probably remove it seeing as how upstream is now focused mainly on development of KDE 5.  I highly doubt kde3 even builds on modern systems since I don't think qt3 does...
kdebase3 - Released in 2008

For these last two (transfig and xfig are basically the same), we should probably try to fix them by working with upstream to move to a newer build system:
transfig
xfig
tightvnc

If I hear no objections in the next few days, I'll remove the ports in that first group.  If nobody speaks up, I think we should nuke KDE3 in a few weeks.

--Jeremy