[125902] trunk/dports/science/arb/Portfile

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Sep 28 23:42:31 PDT 2014

> On Sep 28, 2014, at 22:19, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 28, 2014, at 10:32 PM, jeremyhu at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 125902
>> Author
>> jeremyhu at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2014-09-28 20:32:20 -0700 (Sun, 28 Sep 2014)
>> Log Message
>>
>> arb: Take a stab at fixing the SL build on the builder
>> Modified Paths
>>
>> 	• trunk/dports/science/arb/Portfile
>> Diff
>>
>> Modified: trunk/dports/science/arb/Portfile (125901 => 125902)
>
>> +platform darwin {
>> +    if {${os.major} < 11} {
>> +        depends_build-append port:coreutils
>> +
>> +        configure.env-append INSTALL=${prefix}/bin/ginstall
>> +    }
>> +}
>
> The error I see on the buildbot is:
>

> install -s dvtditr dndfast7 dndblast sextet5 mafft-distance pairlocalalign pair2hat3s multi2hat3s rnatest pairash addsingle splittbfast disttbfast tbfast mafft-profile f2cl mccaskillwrap contrafoldwrap countlen seq2regtable regtable2seq score getlag dndpre dndpre2 setcore replaceu restoreu setdirection makedirectionlist version /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_dports_science_arb/arb/work/arbsrc_12565/lib/mafft
> strip: object: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_dports_science_arb/arb/work/arbsrc_12565/lib/mafft/dvtditr malformed object (unknown load command 13)
>

> So it looks like it's strip, not install, that's having a problem with the object's load command.

Yes, it is strip that has the issue with the object's load command, and my goal is to use the strip executable provided by the cctools port.

The problem is that 'install -s' is /usr/bin/install which runs 'xcrun strip' which executes the older version of strip from Xcode (which does not know about newer load commands).  I was trying to get the port to use ginstall -s which will run 'strip' which will pick up MacPorts' cctools strip instead.

--Jeremy