parallel build suggestion

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:01:20 PDT 2015

On Saturday April 04 2015 13:44:17 Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>Why specify the number of cores when that is done automatically, and likely would avoid this situation?

The description in macports.conf doesn't suggest that the algorithm used is anything else than "min(nCores,nGb)" ...

Besides (think of that what you like), I like to be able to see at a glance what setting I currently run (since one cannot override the variable on the commandline I do tailor it from time to time). And: I use the variable in my qt5-mac-devel port to force parallel building of the bootstrap phase. Is ${build.jobs} set to the actual number chosen when you set buildjobs=0?

R.