"port provides" inside a Portfile?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 6 15:50:30 PDT 2015

On Apr 6, 2015, at 3:47 AM, René JV Bertin wrote:

> On 06 Apr 2015, at 04:42, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#deactivatehack
>
> I'm quite certain I could have used recipes from that page (e.g. to deactivate the 'standard' port when installing/activating the -devel version).

We have not so far used this recipe in the context of -devel / non-devel ports. Rather, this recipe is intended for the circumstance where files that used to be provided by one port will from now on be provided by another port, and the one port depends on the other port.

> Did I miss a pointer to the page on guide.macports.org?

I don't know if there is a pointer from the guide to the PortfileRecipes wiki page.