[134865] trunk/dports/net/transmission-x11/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sat Apr 11 22:52:58 PDT 2015

On 12.04.2015 03:40 AM, David Evans wrote:
> On 4/11/15 5:00 PM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>> On 11.04.2015 08:31 PM, David Evans wrote:
>>> master_sites sourceforge:transmission
>>>
>>> fetches from
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/transmission.mirror/files/
>> But that would be master_sites sourceforge:transmission.mirror?
>>

> Both sourceforge:transmission and sourceforge:transmission.mirror yield
> the same results.  The buildbots all succeeded
> and the correct file was cached at distfiles.macports.org using the
> original version.
> In retrospect, not sure why
> the former worked [...]

I think it was cached because the correct distfile was downloaded for
the transmission port (not transmission-x11) and cached. Note that both
transmission and transmission-x11 use the same distname and dist_subdir.

> so changed to your version in r134959.  It does seem
> more obvious.

Just FYI: both the current version and

master_sites sourceforge:project/transmission.mirror

seem to be currently equivalent and lead to the least amount of redirects.

My experiments with curl -IL and a location of
projects/transmission.mirror/files lead to a lot more redirects.

Mihai