[135005] trunk/dports/x11/xinit/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Mon Apr 13 07:38:19 PDT 2015

On 13.04.2015 12:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> On Apr 12, 2015, at 10:29 PM, ionic at macports.org wrote:
>>
>> Revision
>> 135005
>> Author
>> ionic at macports.org
>> Date
>> 2015-04-12 20:29:57 -0700 (Sun, 12 Apr 2015)
>> Log Message
>>
>> xinit: port to notes.
>> Modified Paths
>>
>> 	• trunk/dports/x11/xinit/Portfile
>
>> +    if {${os.major} > 9} {
>> +        notes-append {
>> +                        To choose MacPorts' X11 as the default server, you must install xorg-server,\
>> +        }
>
> It doesn't seem like there should be a backslash at the end of that line

Actually... there should be, in that case.

The "problem" is that this is not a real "block" but a list element.
While a newline at the beginning is generally ignored by the notes base
code, newlines at the end are not. Not escaping a newline there is thus
leading to output like this:

"xinit has the following notes:
  To choose MacPorts' X11 as the default server, you must install
xorg-server,

  logout, and log back in.

"

That has generally not been a big problem for me until now, due to the
fact that most notes-append {...} "pseudo-blocks" I use in my own ports
are not meant to be concatenated so that they look like one big part,
but actually several individual blocks.

For xinit, that's not the case.

[Also, most likely base should be changed to ignore the last newline of
a notes(-append) statement (if any), but, but, but ...]

Mihai