Variants +clang3{0,1,2} ...

petr 976F at ingv.it
Sat Apr 25 09:53:11 PDT 2015

On 25 Apr 2015, at 17:49, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2015, at 5:49 AM, petr <976F at ingv.it> wrote:
>
>> To my understanding the +clang3{0,1,2} refer to clang-3.{0,1,2} respectively.
>
> Yup.
>
>> These clang ports are no obsolete.
>
> Yup.
>
>> However, there are still quite some ports around with these variants, so I guess these clang3{0,1,2} variants (and maybe others) should be removed?
>
> Yup.
>
> vq

Okay,
anything else which should be considered for a "variant cleanup"?

I guess the same applies to dragonegg3? < dragonegg33. I would also propose to remove all +gcc4? < gcc47 and all related openmpi and mpich variants. I am CCing Sean and Eric explicitly for their involvement in compiler Portgroup, openmpi or mpich, respectively.

Does it make sense to turn this into a macro ticket?
Not sure if people are fond of getting all these ticket change notifications (cf. perl version ticket).

~petr