[135541] trunk/dports/audio/pulseaudio

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Sun Apr 26 13:47:55 PDT 2015

On 26.04.2015 10:34 PM, Jeremy Sequoia wrote:
>> On Apr 26, 2015, at 13:15, David Evans <devans at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 4/26/15 11:39 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>>> The new portaudio breaks dependents.
>>>
>>> pulseaudio now installs ${prefix}/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-6.0.dylib instead of ${prefix}/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-5.0.dylib
>>>
>>> Are those two files really ABI incompatible, or is this yet another case of upstream developers failing to version their binaries correctly?

Maybe, the new version doesn't necessarily mean ABI compatibility was broken (at least in PulseAudio-land.)

I'd personally treat them as incompatible, though.

And yes, they are not versioned correctly... compat and current version are set to 0.0.0. I guess I have to take a look at how to fix this and push it upstream...

>>> Either way, please revbump all dependents.
>>
>> As far as I can see, it's not required.  I tested against all dependents and they are all linking with
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/libpulse.0.dylib
>>
>> not
>>
>> /opt/local/lib/libpulsecore-6.0.dylib
>
> I noticed this issue because of broken linkage in VLC-devel.

Hmm... to be honest I have no dependent installed.

Ok.

Mihai