GSoC: Announcing accepted students and projects 2015

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Apr 28 12:20:13 PDT 2015

Hello,

for the Google Summer of Code program 2015 our organization, The
MacPorts Project, got three slots assigned. We filled them based on the
quality of the proposals and on the limited mentor capacities we have.

We received about as many proposals as last year. Overall, we'd would
like to see a few more proposals. Next year, if you happen to know
somebody who is a student and uses a Mac, spread the word.

This summer, MacPorts will mentor the following students and projects:

Generate Portfiles (a Portfile generation framework)
    Student: Chunyang Xu
    Mentor:  Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)

Revitalizing Pallet
    Student: Kyle Sammons (ksammons)
    Mentor:  Michael Dickens (michaelld)

Dependency Calculation using SAT solving
    Student: Jackson Isaac
    Mentor:  Clemens Lang (cal)

Chunyang, Kyle, Jackson, welcome (back) to our community!

Although you have already introduced yourself on the mailing list with
your proposals, it would probably be a good idea if you three could
reply with a few words about your upcoming projects.

Looking forward to a Summer of Code,
Clemens