help on livecheck ...

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Apr 29 10:04:17 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-29 18:47, petr wrote:
> I am trying to understand how the default livecheck mechanism and the
> files in _resources/port1.0/livecheck, are supposed to work. I
> somehow assumed the name of the tcl file in the directory should be
> matched by the mirror site key. But is there some documentation on
> this? I have not found anything useful on this.

The filename has to match the value of the option livecheck.type.

The default option "livecheck.type default" uses some hardcoded rules in
base [1] to guess a more appropriate value based on master_sites or
homepage.

Rainer

[1]
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/port1.0/portlivecheck.tcl?rev=127797#L98