Looking for opinions on authorization frameworks for Pallet

Kyle Sammons goodkingkyle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:35:07 PDT 2015

Hey Joshua,

1. is really the only reasonable option. Whether you do it now or
> someone else does it later, it's what we want to have in an app whose
> target audience includes users who don't want to use the terminal.

I tried to keep the discussion more towards the implementation of it, as I
could potentially create a launcher, or go through other ways to make it so
you don't have to use the terminal to launch the GUI application (or visa
versa).

MacPorts.framework still uses a privileged helper tool to do the things
> that require root, right? Why couldn't it be run in this way?

Uhhh, no, not as far as I know. The privileged helper is needs to be
communicated with through the IPC library, which wouldn't be possible if it
was launched through a shell.

-Kyle