[MacPorts] #48571: '/opt/local/bin/average' causes conflict between ports "argyll" and "num-utils"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 14 10:51:53 PDT 2015

On Aug 14, 2015, at 12:40 PM, David Evans wrote:

> On 8/14/15 10:28 AM, MacPorts wrote:
>> #48571: '/opt/local/bin/average' causes conflict between ports "argyll" and "num-
>> utils"
>> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
>>  Reporter:  kurt.pfeifle@…    |      Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>>      Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
>> Component:  ports             |    Version:  2.3.3
>> Resolution:                    |   Keywords:
>>      Port:  num-utils argyll  |
>> -------------------------------+--------------------------------
>>
>> Comment (by ryandesign@…):
>>
>> When it is released, MacPorts 2.4 will no longer format nomaintainer and
>> openmaintainer as email addresses in `port info`, to hopefully reduce this
>> confusion.
>>

> Great news.  Has a release date been targeted?

Not that I'm aware of.

> Are there any blocking issues?

A few too many error messages were removed, such that now some operations fail without any error message:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43210

But it looks like that was awhile back, and that probably already got released in 2.3. So we should fix this, but it doesn't block 2.4.

I think this happened after 2.3 though: An interrupt handler was added so that if MacPorts were interrupted by pressing Control-C, it could clean up and leave things in a cleaner state. But some situations are not being considered, such that when you interrupt some operations, a dozen lines of incomprehensible errors are displayed.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48406