outage notice?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Aug 31 11:55:08 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> Still, there's not much difference to the user between the server doesn't respond (what we currently have) and a temporary server delivering a message stating that the server is temporarily out of service. The latter might even have negative consequences, like affecting search engine contents or page rankings.

I disagree there. A message, even if it's just on the main MacPorts
site, at least lets users know that you're aware of the issue and are
working on it, without requiring each interested party to contact one
of the mailing lists. The lists certainly aren't drowning in traffic,
but a banner on the main page is going to reach a wider audience.

Anyway, here's to hoping for better lines of communication with the admin.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448