Problems with fetching on the Yosemite buildbot

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 1 10:41:28 PST 2015

On Dec 1, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I just made three commits to the SVN and in every commit there was one
> or two buildbots that failed in the fetch step (fetching the tarballs
> from GitHub). Repeated build succeeded.
>
> Can anyone figure out what could be the problem?
> (Fetching distfile failed: Connection timed out after 30000 milliseconds)
>
> Example:
> https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-yosemite-x86_64/builds/6461

Ok I saw that too on the Yosemite buildbot only, but not from github; from another http server.

> Mojca
>
> PS: was there any maintenance on Trac today or did just one of my
> queries take forever :), keeping Trac unresponsive for about a minute?

I was going to ask if anyone else was having problems. Every other Trac request seemed to hang and time out after a minute for me. I tried restarting apache and restarting the whole machine with no effect, then noticed the same trouble on the buildbot web site, and figured it was a local network problem. Maybe it's not so local.