v8 upgrade

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Mon Dec 7 09:57:28 PST 2015

On 6 December 2015 at 14:44, Tsang Patrick <patrixgdd at gmail.com> wrote:
> The current v8 version is too old. It is still 3.23.17
> Could it be possible to be upgraded to version like 3.27.x or 4.4.x or even 4.7

Be sure to poke and subscribe ticket [1], this could eventually lead
to abandonment since in 9 months there hasn't been any acknowledgment
on the maintainer's side.

Trac's generic search [2] doesn't allow to easily search for a two
letter port name - those account for a surprising 45 total ports in
tree.
It's possible to search those with a custom query with a filter on
"port" field but it's unintuitive for the user, I'm not sure this is
the case of the OP but I can see why an user would miss an open ticket
for such ports.

I suggest we either accommodate Trac to accept two letters query or
put a warning in the default search page.

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/47163
[2] http://trac.macports.org/search

--
Andrea