Vector graphic with the MacPorts logo

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Dec 10 05:13:15 PST 2015

On 5 December 2015 at 17:57, Rainer Müller wrote:

> In the past I wanted to create some MacPorts stickers with the logo. The main
> obstacle was that we do not have any vector graphic format of the logo, but only
> a PNG, which is not suitable for printing (183x70 pixels, not even suitable for
> Retina screens).
>
> Maybe we could start another attempt to get someone to re-make this as SVG with
> the prospect of creating some swag (stickers, buttons, ...)?

We have a 366x140 version:
    https://www.macports.org/img/macports-logo-top.png
but that doesn't change anything: we still need a vector version.

Does anyone know which font is used for the logo?
Do we have any graphic designer here?

Mojca

(There is a chance that the logo could be drawn with TikZ or even raw
PS/PDF literals, then we would have a PDF with proper gradient
shading, but it's a bit tricky.)