Trac still stuck at an old SVN revision

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 03:59:31 PST 2015

> On Dec 9, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Andrea D'Amore <and.damore at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 8 December 2015 at 21:45, David Evans <devans at macports.org> wrote:
>> Are there specific topics that should be addressed to you and others to admin or should we just use the admin address
>> for everything?
>
>> In particular, are there issues that can only be handled by the other admins or do you have pretty much full access to
>> the various components (buildbots, web server/trac, svn repo, etc)?
>
> Apropos this what would you think about hosting the trac setup on the
> repository along with the www/ tree?
> This way patches to Trac could be submitted as well.
>
> On a broader view I think that if possible we should store the
> complete sourcecode of the website, trac and/or other components, in
> the repo. The running Trac is likely to have its codebase saved in a
> VCS anyway and having it in the public repo would allow patches
> submission, think of plugins or custom patches to them.
>
> I don't know how macosforge is managed, is there any obstacle (say
> security concern or so) in sharing the currently running code?

I think some of what you're talking about is stored in a private Mac OS Forge repository which is not accessible to the public. There are other projects on Mac OS Forge other than MacPorts that have similar setups with their own Trac and Subversion repositories and all these instances are set up similarly. From the standpoint of wanting to manage them all centrally, it would probably not be convenient if the MacPorts Trac installation were handled in a different way from the other projects' Trac installations.

The complete sourcecode of www.macports.org is in the repository:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/www

As is guide.macports.org:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/doc-new