Trac still stuck at an old SVN revision

David Evans devans at macports.org
Fri Dec 11 08:03:28 PST 2015

On 12/11/15 3:53 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> In particular, are there issues that can only be handled by the other admins or do you have pretty much full access to
>> the various components (buildbots, web server/trac, svn repo, etc)?
>
> You should direct all infrastructure issues to the admin macosforge address or the server/hosting component in Trac. I'm the primary admin, I have full access to the systems, and I'm the only member of the team who doesn't also have other work responsibilities, so I'll probably be the one to handle your requests, but if I'm not available at least one of the other people on the team might see the message.
Will do.  Thanks for the clarification.

>> In this case, I guessing that the trac web server has its own copy of the svn repo which is supposed to be updated when
>> commits occur but is not.
>
> Yes it does. I've just fixed it. Revisions have been importing for awhile already. If all goes well they should all be imported in an hour or two. For more details see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48758

Looks good this morning.  Thanks for the quick response.  I didn't realize how much I take advantage of this feature
until it didn't work. ;-)

>> Similarly email notifications to macports-changes are not being sent in response to commits
>> (although email notifications of svn property modifications DO occur).
>
> Yes. I'll look into that issue next. I've deliberately disabled the emailing portion of the post-commit hook while I worked on the other issues. I think it might already work now, but I wanted to send out the missed changes in order first, and I didn't want new changes to be sent first.

Sounds good.

>> These features have been broken for quite some time and are useful to the developer community.  I know you have a lot
>> on your plate right now but it would be nice if their priority could be escalated.
>
> Yes, I agree these features are very important to get back and I'm sorry about the delay. I am doing my best to try to understand a complicated and unfamiliar collection of servers.

Nothing to be sorry about.  You're doing a great job in spite of the learning curve involved.  It's great to have
someone on the job who has MacPort's interests at heart.

Dave