[143480] trunk/dports/textproc/tesseract/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 23 15:02:54 PST 2015

> On Dec 13, 2015, at 11:06 AM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>
> Revision
> 143480
> Author
> mf2k at macports.org
> Date
> 2015-12-13 09:06:07 -0800 (Sun, 13 Dec 2015)
> Log Message
>
> tesseract: update to version 3.04. Use github. (#49523)
> Modified Paths
>
> 	• trunk/dports/textproc/tesseract/Portfile
> Diff
>
> Modified: trunk/dports/textproc/tesseract/Portfile (143479 => 143480)

> +github.master_sites ${github.homepage}/archive/${git.branch}

Don't change it now because it would invalidate all the checksums, but for future reference, you shouldn't override the github.master_sites in this way. You appear to be trying to force the use of "archive" URLs, but I know of no benefit those URLs offer over the default "tarball" URLs the portgroup uses. If we were to support "archive" URLs, we would want to do so in the github portgroup, not by manually changing master_sites in portfiles. See:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40518

I have no objection to adding this feature to the github portgroup, it just hasn't been a priority because I know of no benefit of doing so -- other than the fact that it will reduce some confusion among portfile developers, which is of course a valid reason.