libffi's weird packaging

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Dec 28 00:54:55 PST 2015

Hi,

I wonder if there is any special reason for this weird packaging of
libffi (the include files in particular; does it conflicts with other
libraries?):

Port libffi contains:
  /opt/local/lib/libffi-3.2.1/include/ffi.h
  /opt/local/lib/libffi-3.2.1/include/ffitarget.h
  /opt/local/lib/libffi.6.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libffi.a
  /opt/local/lib/libffi.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libffi.la
  /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/libffi.pc
  /opt/local/share/info/libffi.info
  /opt/local/share/man/man3/ffi.3.gz
  /opt/local/share/man/man3/ffi_call.3.gz
  /opt/local/share/man/man3/ffi_prep_cif.3.gz
  /opt/local/share/man/man3/ffi_prep_cif_var.3.gz

When building moarvm which needs ffi.h and apparently doesn't care
about "libffi.pc" yet, I had to add the following to the Portfile
which looks like a relatively bad idea to me:

    configure.cflags-append "-I${prefix}/lib/libffi-3.2.1/include"

Can someone suggest me what to do (other than asking moarvm
maintainers to fix the libffi detection and use)?

Thank you,
    Mojca