Fwd: buildbot failure in MacPorts on buildports-mtln-x86_64

David Evans devans at macports.org
Thu Feb 5 11:18:13 PST 2015

On 2/5/15 10:16 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Forwarded to sysadmin for action.  I'm afraid I inadvertantly caused
>> this by stopping a build of inkscape last
>> night.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
> Does this mean our activation step is no longer transactional (as a file
> is installed, recording it)?

Someone more familiar with base than I would have to answer this.

However, empirically, if port is killed during the activation step, it
is possible
that it will end in a state where some files have been activated and
some not.
When this occurs, activation as  a whole is recorded as complete. Thus the
next time activation is attempted an error will occur when a file is
found to exist
and is not recorded as belonging (activated by) the port in question.

I guess to be fully transactional in this situation, port might trap any
kill signal and
roll back any partial activations before exiting.

It doesn't appear that it does this at present.