buildbot failure in MacPorts on buildports-mtln-x86_64

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Feb 5 11:27:47 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 5 Feb, 2015, at 19:16, Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org wrote:

>> Forwarded to sysadmin for action.  I'm afraid I inadvertantly caused
>> this by stopping a build of inkscape last
>> night.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> Does this mean our activation step is no longer transactional (as a file
> is installed, recording it)?

It is if the process fails (in which case it rolls back). It isn't if you
just abort the process, in which case the database transaction adding the
metadata is rolled back (when the database is opened the next time), but
the files aren't deleted.

This is exactly why trunk implements signal handling (which isn't all the
way there yet). This case is dealt with correctly unless you send SIGKILL.

We could use a more intelligent activation algorithm that does crash
recovery if it detects unclean shutdowns, but nobody has written that yet.

--
Clemens Lang