buildbot failure in MacPorts on buildports-mtln-x86_64

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Feb 5 13:10:20 PST 2015

> Are you thinking something like:
>

> - get list of files to be activated and populate the registry
> - start to actually activate the files
> - update the registry stating that activate finished
>

> with the ability to either auto-detect and attempt to rollback a
> non-completed activate (maybe on the next run) and/or a 'port
> cleanup_interrupted_activate' command?

I'm thinking that sequence, yes; the recording of files as not activated
could be the current indicator that something needs done.

As for a cleanup_interrupted_activate, I would use either a new command
(yet another?) or indicate the package can be upgraded. I expect a user to
not be so interested in "resume an interrupted install" as "upgrade the
package" or "try installing the package again".

We also have user prompts from GSoC available, so we can ask the user
immediately before doing any other actions.

What is the best way for MacPorts to present an interrupted activation to
users?