deactivation and upgrade

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:38:55 PST 2015

Hi,

I noticed (= became annoyingly aware of the fact) that `port upgrade` does a deactivate on the current port version before it even starts creating the archive. Symptoms: while waiting for `port -nvk upgrade --force qt4-mac` to finish, I got failure messages for starting kio_slave; that's because I'm running kmail, which spawns regular short-lived helper applications that of course link to Qt4. These arrived while my terminal showed the archive tarball being created.