MacPorts forum(s)? (was: Re: memberlist)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 12 03:13:59 PST 2015

On Feb 11, 2015, at 4:16 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> On Tuesday February 10 2015 21:27:07 Craig Treleaven wrote:
>
>> PS Some forums can be set up to send you an email
>> when a sub-forum or topic is updated (after your
>> last visit).  I don't know of any that allow you
>> to send an email that becomes a posting, however.
>
> Anyone who ever reported a Google Chrome or Chromium bug knows an example.

I guess I never have. They use forum software as their issue tracker?

I'm aware of bug tracking software that allows you to reply to an email notification whose contents then gets posted in the bug report. I'm not aware of forum software that allows you to reply to an email notification to post the contents to the forum thread.