pypi2port: two files with the same content

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Feb 19 12:05:11 PST 2015

On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> So I have two suggestions:
> - It would be great to create a Portfile, so that "port install
> pypi2port" would automatically install the script to $prefix/bin,
> similar to cpan2port.
> - It would be nice (but not absolutely necessary) to support Python 3.

Hi Mojca,

Thank you for your interest in pypi2port. Both or your suggestions were part of the roadmap but we ran out of time.

How would we handle the distfiles and versioning for a pypi2port Portfile?

I believe we should also add a license blurb to the top of the pypi2port.py file, do you know of a MacPorts approved license text?

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)