circular dependencies

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:34:23 PST 2015

On Monday February 23 2015 16:51:15 Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> As someone routinely using trace mode across 10.5 to 10.10, I've run into
> no significant impacts. I greatly appreciate all it provides, and all

It intercepts all (file open and similar) system calls and then checks against the installed files database, possibly for each and every header file included (which often means the same header file multiple times), and you see no significant impact? I find surprising, esp. if the database operation is run through tcl (not saying *in* tcl :)).