[KDE/Mac] Getting started on Mac OS X

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Tue Jan 6 17:34:09 PST 2015

On Jan 6, 2015, at 2:41 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday January 06 2015 14:08:44 Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>
>> It is usually easier to get patch reviews if the changes are as few as possible.
>
> Heh, yes, I know I introduced a couple more variants, but they're actually intended to speed up things.
>
>> I have macports installed in a vm building qt4-mac based of René's work [1].
>
> Great, thanks!
>
>> The new variants have been removed but the effect of the +concurrent variant has been incorporated along with the PortGroup changes to create a minimal patch to test concurrency.
>
> Is that a summary of my work, or your version of it?

I moved your qt4-1.0.tcl changes around to create the smallest diff.

>> If having a non-local machine to test changes to qt4-mac would help Michael, René or anyone else contact me off list and we can work out access to my macports vm.
>
> Hmmm, makes us drool, how fast is it? :)

It's not fast (mac mini, core i5, 16gb memory) but not to busy either. There is a kdeci vm on the same host.
I think the biggest advantage for you would be not having to worry about borking your dev env while working with qt{4,5}-mac deconfliction.

I'm going to attach my patch to your ticket if for no other reason then allow the use of the trac diff viewer to show interested parties how small the changes really are.

Here is what I have built in the vm so far, and tested as far as launching apps in /Applications/MacPorts/Qt4:
$ port installed requested
  qt4-creator-mac @2.8.1_0 (active)
  qt4-mac @4.8.6_1 (active)
  qt4-mac-mysql55-plugin @4.8.6_0 (active)