[131256] trunk/dports/lang/ghc/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 9 11:15:16 PST 2015

On Jan 8, 2015, at 7:27 AM, Clemens Lang wrote:

> On 8 Jan, 2015, at 14:14, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> If tradcpp works, you could use it on all platforms, for consistency.
>
> That would, however, add another dependency on our "tier1 support" platforms.

Yes but it is an insignificantly small dependency.

> Additionally, GHC starting with 7.8.x actually supports (recent) clang as a
> preprocessor, but using tradcpp has seen little to no testing by upstream.

Ok. I merely meant that if you're having trouble using newer clang on older systems, and if tradcpp doesn't have those problems and works fine (I have no idea if that's the case), and you want consistency between all OS X versions, then you could always use tradcpp. Just wanted to make sure you're aware tradcpp exists and could be tried out.