scope of "local" PortGroup definition files

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:30:56 PST 2015

On Friday January 09 2015 16:08:00 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> It uses `git pull --rebase` or `git svn rebase`, depending on your setup. Thus, uncommitted/unstashed local changes will cause the Git update to fail, although `portindex` still runs and updates your indices.

There we go again :) I mostly use git with GUIs, and only used rebase with SourceTree. Which probably is set up to do a git reset --hard first when rebasing.

> I don't understand your confusion. If the "repository" is a Subversion checkout or Git clone, it already knows where to pull updates from. If it's not, then it's simply not updated. And `portindex` refreshes the indices either way.

Ahh, of course, it'll depend on whether the tree contains a .git or .svn subdirectory, right? Doh (or duh, or whatever you say in those situations ^^)

R.