Failed cleanup

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jan 10 09:58:27 PST 2015

On 2015-1-11 00:18 , Clemens Lang wrote:

> ----- On 10 Jan, 2015, at 12:28, Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org wrote:
>
>> I already mentioned a while ago some annoying behaviour of macports:
>>    sudo port uninstall <some port>
>> (maybe also sudo clean) sometimes takes forever. I can uninstall 10
>> ports, but the time won't multiply by 10, it seems that there's only a
>> single very time consuming step somewhere in the process, but it's not
>> always exactly reproducible.
>
> Might be the registry VACUUM at the end. Do you see the uninstall output in
> normal speed and then it hangs before returning?

That is what generally takes a lot of time after uninstalls. Ideally we
would only vacuum when the amount of wasted space reaches a certain
significant level, but that would not make it any quicker when it does
happen, probably the opposite in fact. Not sure if we could add a
progress indicator either.

- Josh