qt 5.4 build failure to replace existing qt5.3 in the same place

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 05:38:20 PST 2015

On Monday January 12 2015 13:59:14 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I do have Qt5.3.2 installed configured with the same install locations, and indeed it would seem that at least the 1st error is due to the installed header being included instead of one from the build tree.
>
> Regarding that particular error: can it be avoided at all, would it require doing an in-tree build, or is it simply impossible to build Qt5.4 in order to replace Qt5.3 with the latter in place?

Concerning the error show at  https://paste.kde.org/p2vtxcfcs , it turns out that it indeed went away after I moved aside /opt/local/include/qt5 . That is the place the headers should go after installation, NOT where they should be looked for during the build. In other words, `configure -headerdir foo` should NOT, IMHO, add `-Ifoo` to the compiler/preprocessor options!

Can that be considered a bug? Can I safely do a search and remove of -I/opt/local/include/qt5 in the generated makefiles (or wherever that option is stored) before starting the build?

R.