A request to remove spam from Trac

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jan 14 01:40:58 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2015, at 02:42, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> I've seen the following spam being added to the trac:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46455#comment:9
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46315#comment:3
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43859#comment:9
>>
>> This was just for the tickets I was following myself; there might be
>> other posts of the same kind (I don't know how to search for the
>> user).
>>
>> Can someone with sufficient rights please remove the spam and block the user?
>>
>> (Oh, I just noticed that the user has already been added to BadContent.)
>
> I've nuked those comments.

Thank you.

> Let me know if you see more. I don't think Trac lets you search for authors of comments. A Google search might be needed.

Apparently google didn't index it yet. I made a search on gmane and
reported the three instances as spam there as well. (But I believe
there are also other sites collecting emails from our Trac.) It only
found these three comments submitted under this email and I found the
email listed under www dot stopforumspam dot com (Bangladesh).

There's something I find particularly cute about that spam though.

It was promoting windows crapware to deal with long filenames as the answer to
    New port version fails to uninstall ports: '": file name too long'
That deserves bonus points ;)

Mojca