qt5- prefix

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 03:33:28 PST 2015

On Saturday January 17 2015 12:02:26 Marko Käning wrote:

> > I have a somewhat strong feeling against using the prefix for Qt
> > applications.
> +1
> > could be downloaded from the Nokia website, maybe a bit more), but I
> > would never use something like qt5-gnuplot or qt5-wireshark.
> +1

I'd prefer the Qt4 versions too O:^)

Seriously, it'd be constructive to propose an alternative way of providing Qt4 and Qt5 versions of ports for applications that can be built atop either version (i.e. that don't provide an *optional* Qt-based backend, which would be provided through a variant).
NB: wireshark apparently cannot be built against Qt 5 yet.

R.