automake/autoconf

jerryyhom at gmail.com jerryyhom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:37:34 PST 2015

I am working on a portfile for libressl.  I set some options like so:

use_autoconf    yes
use_automake    yes

but 'port lint --nitpick' warned that port dependencies are listed
multiple times.  I commented out one and successfully built the package.
  Then I tried reversing the commented option and also successfully
built the package.

As they both seem to do the correct thing, what is the difference
between these options?  Is one preferred?  Perhaps their difference
could be clarified in the Guide.  Thanks!