automatic port clean

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 07:42:59 PST 2015

On Monday January 19 2015 09:24:21 Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> > I know there's the -o option, but the times I tried it it's often given me hard-to-describe side-effects.
>
> maybe it would make sense to describe/debug/fix these side effects?

It would, if I could. I'd have to start using -o again, because I meant that "hard-to-describe" (coz I don't remember clearly).
You know how you sometimes decide not to get side-tracked by a weird issue you run into when trying to do something else? ;)

> might want to call it something else, since 'portautoclean' is a macports.conf variable that determines whether 'port clean' is automatically run after 'port install' - and not the 'clean because the Portfile has been modified' that you're describing.

I'm open for better names/terms, if you have suggestions?

R.