[131354] trunk/dports/gis/cgal/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 17:24:26 PST 2015

On Jan 16, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Vincent Habchi wrote:

>>> -master_sites        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/34150
>>> +master_sites        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/34403/CGAL-4.5.1.tar.bz2
>>
>> master_sites should be the directory the distfile is in, and should not include the actual distfile name.
>> master_sites        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/34403/
>
> Done Ryan. Thanks. But for whatever reason, at the time I did update the Portfile, it seemed the website interface for CGAL fetched the file from this very directory. Hopefully the shortened form works, too.

Yes, based on the hostname I presume this project is hosted by an installation of GForge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GForge

GForge evidently exclusively uses the download id to determine what to send you, and ignores anything you put after it. This also works:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/34403/you/can/put/anything/you/want/here

Remember that whatever you put for master_sites, MacPorts will append the distfile name. So when you write "master_sites https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/34403/CGAL-4.5.1.tar.bz2", MacPorts will actually request the URL "https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/file/34403/CGAL-4.5.1.tar.bz2/CGAL-4.5.1.tar.bz2", which works because GForge is permissive like that, but there's no reason to do that either.