Forcing a recompilation of an installed port without uninstalling

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:15:09 PST 2015

On Tuesday January 20 2015 14:22:23 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2015, at 7:08 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does `upgrade` work like `install` would if you have just done a manual destroot?
>
> `port destroot` does not actually install anything, so no.

Sorry, using "if" implied "after" in my mind, here :)

> And `port upgrade` preserves the variant selection of the currently-installed port, while the other subcommands do not.

Hmm, how? By looking at the registry or by looking at the .macports*state file if it exists? It happens that I change a variant in there and then clean the state up to and including the configure step, before proceeding to the destroot and afterwards an uninstall/install. But mostly I simply rebuild the code after point changes to the source directory, so an upgrade would be fine.

R.